On Monday, a suicide car bombing in the city of the Kandahar killed five US soldiers. This was the second of such attack in as many weeks. Although afghan and US officials insisted that only five soldiers were injured in the latest in string of assaults in the former Taliban stronghold, independent sources claimed five American soldiers were killed in the bombing of the convoy on the Kandahare – Heart Highway.
Mohammad Ayub Salangi, the chief of police for the province said the attack which involved a taxi drove and crashed into the coalition forces. He added it was a suicide bombing that left the attacker’s body blown to pieces. But the US led coalition force’s spokeswomen in Kabul, Cindy Moore said only four soldiers had been wounded in the attack.
The Taliban, on the other hand, claimed that at leas 10 people were killed in the blast. Their spokesman spoke to Media news agency and claimed responsibility for the attack. Wherever, the casualty figure, the result is more killing of young soldiers by the extremists who claim to do it in the name of Islam.
Jun 15, 2005